Thursday, January 10, 2008

Code Geass : OMGWTFBBQ!!!


















Yup, that was what went through my mind when the ending credits of the series started rolling. Having finally finished the day's work of mindless brain-numbing data-entry, the allure of some fine mecha action at the end of the day was too difficult to ignore.

And alas, disappoint me Code Geass did not - the final few episodes had an intensity unlike any other of its generic brethen. Plot twists were wild and unexpected while blood flowed by the spades - but nothing was as surprising as seeing how much of an asshole Lelouch had become. I won't spoil anything for potential viewers, but I just can't see what C.C. sees in him that makes her continue to stay around him after all that's happened. Probably some contract thingie I guess, but I digress..

Anyway, enough of ranting. For those of you still wondering whether to take the plunge into the world of Geass or not, hesitate no further - you'd be taken on a hell of an emotional ride once you've reached the end of the final 2 combined episodes. And, when it does pull the rug out from under you when it ends, you'd be left clamoring for much much more. If you as so much call yourself even a decent mecha fan and have not touched this series yet, you deserve to be shot - yeah and I'd probably recommend it done by that poor bugger up there ^^;;




From what I've gathered so far, Season 2 starts in April 2008, alongside the excellent Macross Frontier if I'm not wrong.



3 more months.



I can't wait.

No comments: